CoQ10 is a powerful antioxidant in eléni’s Facial Toner Spritz. An oil-soluble, vitamin-like antioxidant that can penetrate relatively easily into skin cells, CoQ10 helps neutralise harmful free radicals, which are a major cause of ageing.
What is CoQ10?
Under perfect conditions, the body can produce as much CoQ10 as it needs. However, various factors, such as ageing, stress and some medications, can lower the levels of CoQ10 in the body. As a result, the ability of cells to regenerate declines.
The level of CoQ10 in the skin peaks at 20 to 30 years of age, and gradually diminishes with age for most people. This negatively impacts the skin’s ability to produce collagen, elastin, and other important skin molecules. CoQ10 is a small molecule that can relatively easily penetrate into skin cells.
Within the skin, CoQ10 is located primarily in the most superficial layers, and functions to protect the deeper layers of your skin from damage caused by harmful free radicals, one of the major causes of ageing. A lack of CoQ10 results in the skin’s inability to produce collagen, which gives skin firmness, and elasticity which results in sagging and wrinkles.
5 Benefits of CoQ10 for Your Skin
- It energizes your skin. Young skin has ample amounts of CoQ10 and so has lots of energy – energy needed to repair damage and make sure the skin cells stay healthy.
- It protects against photo-ageing. Skin ages prematurely due to being over-exposed to the sun. The sun is the fastest skin ager!
- It rejuvenates skin by stimulating skin cell activity. Active skin cells get rid of toxins easily and can make better use of nutrients. When your skin ages, all these processes slow down, causing dull, sallow, and wrinkled skin. Boost your skin cell activity for younger looking skin with CoQ10.
- It stimulates collagen production. Collagen is a protein that decreases as we age, which leads to an increase in wrinkles.
- It is a potent antioxidant. CoQ10 protects against damage caused by the sun, pollution, toxins, and stress. This damage all leads to one thing: premature ageing.